Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Beltway Engineering Limited Job Descriptions
The goal of the GBMTP program is to increase the percentage of energy efficient buildings that are constructed in a given region or sector. The program is funded by the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) as the Market Accelerator for Green Construction (MAGC) program. The focus of the MAGC program is to incentivize Financial institutions to offer green products to the construction industry and end home buyer and to build the market for green construction.
The Green Buildings Operations Officer will help the GBMTP team to put in place the measures necessary to successfully develop EDGE technical development, Building Resilience Index development, Global Training Platform, relevant technical knowledge development and global EDGE partner support. The candidate should be able to work independently and as a team player.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., with occasional international travel.
Beltway Engineering Limited Role & Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will work with the Green building Industry Specialist, Global Operations Lead and the Country Leads on delivering his/her tasks.
The Operations Officer will report to the Green Building Industry Specialist.
Green And Resilience Buildings
- Lead the technical development of EDGE and Buildings Resilience Index on including but not limited to building retrofits, existing buildings, new technologies and new building sectors;
- Produce, review and implement processes and strategy to expand and deepen the technical documents;
- Support green building clients globally on variety of projects such as technical advice, engineering support and design;
- Manage cost studies for green and resilient buildings including but not limited to cost of measures and cost of utilities globally;
- Improve the EDGE baseline data for all countries; and
- Improve materials embodied carbon data for EDGE data base.
Scale up training and improved exam systems,
- Green buildings training end to end strategy development and implementation; and
- Update and grow the EDGE testing and exam delivery systems globally.
Technical support/capacity buildings to EDGE partners
- Work with EDGE reviewers, auditors and EDGE Experts to improve quality of service to EDGE clients.
Quality control of technical content including publications, and reporting
- Publications will be in multiple formats such as white papers, knowledge materials, presentations, technical demos, videos, user guides and reports.
The candidate shall present passion for development as well as innovation in the fast growing and changing sector.
- MSc or PhD degree in engineering, architecture, green buildings, resilience or other related fields with minimum 10 years relevant work experience;
- Experience with IT product development or App development is a plus;
- Proven experience in green buildings and new products with deep knowledge of sector;
- Prior experience in working in multinational projects especially in emerging markets is a plus;
- Experience in green building training
- Experience in green building certification and understanding of how the EDGE APP and LEED and BREEAM systems function is a plus;
- Being an EDGE expert or auditor is a plus;
- Excellent verbal written and visual communication skills;
- Experience in working with diversified stakeholders and clients;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills;
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively under tight deadlines, while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Spoken and written fluency in English;
- Any other language is a plus.